Thursday 31 January 2013

Scanning old negatives



 finally, I managed to organize  some old memories ( hundreds and hundreds of  our family and `single` photos) and came across some old negatives, many containing photos which we gave away ( early children`s pics, our wedding and trips photos)
I decided, it will be probably best to digitilise  it all ( for easy viewing, storage and sharing with friends)
 I did some research and gathered, it would be best to purchase a negative scanner and do the job myself.
 This one sounded  good enough  so I ordered it via amazon and it arrived a few days later.
It does good job, indeed.
 So here I am with over 5000 images, some long forgotten as we seemed to be giving away all the best shots .. editing one by one in lightroom ( removing dust, stains and scratches as many were rather old or not stored very carefully)
 Lots of hard work, many hours of patience but also plenty of fun and so MANY good good memories.
  A real time capsule.


 Here are a few form my Italian, Austrian, French  trips, our korean holiday, first weeks in UK, our wedding, some early, pre-digital baby photos  etc












































No comments:

Post a Comment