Friday 10 June 2011

Crochet

Something entirely new to me.
 Just over a year ago we got into spinning and with lots of beautiful  sheep wool, alpaca and other natural stuff, I decided, it`s time to make some use of it.






 So we tried our hands with needle felting, knitting ( which I knew a bit) and finally, crocheting, which  always seemed to be so very complicated and hard to learn ( but, I must admit, I never tried to go beyond single crochet and chain link). At a car boot sale last year I came across a great book by Dasha Capaldi  New Ideas for Crochet and,  step - by step, then , with some help from you tube instruction videos ( yes, I am that kind of learner; must see it to understand) I managed to progress slowly but surely and now producing .... well... this`n that :)
 My youngest daughter is following my foot steps and all the rest of the family( male and female alike)  asked for a personal crochet set too

 Here are some recent `exploits`. Newborn size beany  hats

No comments:

Post a Comment