Wednesday 7 March 2012

To sleeve or not to sleeve

                                  To sleeve or not too sleeve



Ok, so I’m going to let you in on a very strong opinion of mine, one that you may or may not agree with. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, right, and they’re not always right or wrong. But in this case, I feel a bit more right than wrong. I’ll explain why.
I loathe sleeveless wedding dresses.
Loathe.
But the thing is, it’s not your fault. You. The bride, it’s your blessed day, and these crap wedding designers are apparently incapable of making sleeves. SLEEVES.
Now, from a sewer’s point of view, sleeves are a pain. A major, major, major pain. Seriously. They are the point of discontent amongst designers and sewers. They’re tricky buggers where one might go in with ease and no new gray hairs, but that second sleeve. OH, that blasted second sleeve. Dream on. It won’t fit, it’s too big, it’s too small, the armhole is different, the fabric is fraying. The list goes on and on and on. Damn you sleeve

But I’m an amateur. If you’re making commercial, designer, expensive wedding gowns, you better know how to put a damn sleeve in. Or at least be able to hire a seamstress who does.
I am sick to death of strapless wedding gowns and even gowns with little straps. Plus, I really don’t think they’re all that flattering for most body types.


 Continue
 

 I  absolutely agree with the above and this is not only the case of wedding dresses.
   Being woman myself and mother of 4 teen girls who are not exactly interested in revealing lots of their flesh, I find it very hard to purchase a relatively modest special occasion dress.



1 comment:

  1. This is so true... I would NEVER wear a strapless/spaghetti strap dress so why on my wedding day??? I've always felt uncomfortable in any sleeveless top and usually prefer to put a shrug over top. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels that way!

    ReplyDelete